How And When To Take It
Risedronate comes as a tablet that you take once a week, or as a tablet that you take once a day.
Follow your doctor’s instructions about exactly how and when to take your medicine. If you’re taking a weekly dose, you need to take your medicine on the same day each week, so choose a day that suits your routine.
How To Treat Water Retention & Stiff Joints Naturally
Joint stiffness can occur for many reasons. For the majority of people, stiff joints are a symptom of rheumatoid arthritis. In the United States, an estimated 1.3 million adults deal with the problem. Caused by an abnormal immune response, this condition causes the soft tissue that surrounds the joints to become inflamed.
First Aid For Knee Injuries In The First 48 To 72 Hours
- Stop your activity immediately. Dont work through the pain.
- Rest the joint at first.
- Reduce pain, swelling and internal bleeding with icepacks, applied for 15 minutes every couple of hours.
- Bandage the knee firmly and extend the wrapping down the lower leg.
- Elevate the injured leg.
- Dont apply heat to the joint.
- Avoid alcohol, as this encourages bleeding and swelling.
- Dont massage the joint, as this encourages bleeding and swelling.
Don’t Miss: Does Lidocaine Help Sciatica
Measuring Instruments /outcome Measures
The screening questionnaire was based on a literature review,,,, and focused on demographics, cramp presence and main features, medical history, and treatments. The questionnaire was then evaluated by 8 general practitioners and amended. The final questionnaire was explicit in defining cramps as a painful involuntary muscle contraction when resting, lasting from a few seconds to a few minutes.,,,,
The food frequency questionnaire appears to be the best method to evaluate individual dietary intake among general practice patients. In this study, we used the food frequency questionnaire from the French Cohort Study of the European Prospective Investigation into Diet and Cancer Study. The E3N food frequency questionnaire was validated to classify study subjects according to their food or nutrient intake over a 1-year period.,
The beverages explored by E3N food frequency questionnaire are presented in Supplemental Appendix 3, available at . For each participant, we computed the total 1-week volume of alcoholic beverage from the 1-week consumption of each alcoholic beverage presented in Supplemental Appendix 3. Using a food and drink composition table, we converted the volumes to a 1-week mass of alcohol consumed.
Patients were distributed into groups of consumers and nonconsumers of alcoholic beverage. When patients used an alcoholic beverage less than once a week, they were distributed in the nonconsumers group.
Professional Help For Knee Injuries
- Aspiration if the knee joint is grossly swollen, the doctor may release the pressure by drawing off some of the fluid with a fine needle.
- Physiotherapy including techniques to reduce pain, kneecap taping, exercises for increased mobility and strength, and associated rehabilitation techniques.
- Arthroscopic surgery or keyhole surgery, where the knee operation is performed by inserting slender instruments through small incisions . Cartilage tears are often treated with arthroscopic surgery.
- Open surgery required when the injuries are more severe and the entire joint needs to be laid open for repair.
Also Check: Stiff Neck And Headache Nausea
Health Benefits Of Drinking Water
Most of us already know about the health benefits of drinking water. It helps to keep a healthy digestive system, controls our blood pressure, keeps our skin healthy, helps to prevent kidney disease, and it even helps with our weight loss effort. However, not so many people know that water can help support joint pain relief.
Our joints are made up of cartilage. This articular cartilage functions when found in the joints as low friction and wear-resistant tissue. This tissue is made up of 60% water. When the water content of cartilage decreases, it ends up losing its qualities. Picture how easy it is for two wet sponges to move against one another than for two dry, stiff sponges.
Who Can And Can’t Take Risedronate
Risedronate can be taken by adults aged 18 and over. It’s occasionally prescribed for children with osteoporosis.
Risedronate is not suitable for some people. To make sure it’s safe for you, tell your doctor if you:
- have had an allergic reaction to risedronate or any other medicine in the past
- have digestive problems, problems swallowing or any problems with your food pipe
- cannot sit up or stand for at least 30 minutes
- have low calcium levels in your blood taking risedronate could make them even lower
- have kidney problems
- have cancer, or are having chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- have problems with your teeth, or are waiting for dental treatment such as having a tooth out
- smoke or used to smoke this may increase your risk of dental problems
- are pregnant or breastfeeding, or trying to get pregnant
You May Like: Slitting Wrists Vertically
Who Can Help My Foot Pain
Painful joints may not always be avoidable, but they are certainly treatable. If you are experiencing chronic foot pain due to an injury, illness, work conditions, or any other reason, an orthopedic physician can help.
Call us at the Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland at 644-1880 or fill out our online appointment request form today to find out what can be done to help relieve your pain and get you back to doing what you enjoy the most.
Flushes Toxins And Waste From The Body
Most waste products produced by the body’s natural metabolic functions are processed through the liver and the kidneys to be removed from your body in the form of urine. Waste products and toxins are moved out of the body with the aid of water. A deficiency in your body’s removal of waste products can lead to inflammation.
And, if you have gout, dehydration can contribute to the accumulation of substances like uric acid which can lead to gout symptoms and gout flares.
Recommended Reading: Side Effects Of Lidocaine
Seattle Children’s Urgent Care Locations
If your childâs illness or injury is life-threatening, call 911.
How To Cope With Side Effects
What to do about:
- Constipation eat more high-fibre foods such as fresh fruit, vegetables and cereals, and drink plenty of water. Try to exercise more regularly, by going for a daily walk or run for example. If this does not help, talk to your pharmacist or doctor. Watch this short video about how to treat constipation.
- Diarrhoea drink lots of fluids such as water or squash. Speak to a pharmacist if you have signs of dehydration, such as peeing less than usual or having dark, strong-smelling pee. Do not take any medicines to treat diarrhoea without speaking to a pharmacist or doctor.
- Indigestion, bloating or wind make sure you follow the directions for taking risedronate carefully and sit or stand for at least 30 minutes after taking it. It might help to eat smaller and more frequent meals, eat and drink slowly, and exercise regularly. If the symptoms get worse, contact your doctor straight away.
- Feeling sick stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.
- Headaches, muscle or joint pain make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids. Do not drink too much alcohol. Ask your pharmacist to recommend a painkiller. Talk to your doctor if the pain lasts longer than a week or is severe.
Also Check: Why Does My Stomach Hurt After Eating Pineapple
Does Drinking Warm Water Flat Your Tummy
It is common knowledge that for one to lose weight, reducing calorie intake and exercising are the basic formulas for success. While exercising makes you stronger and boosts metabolism, which makes you lose weight, your dietary habits will determine whether your weight loss plan works or not.
One piece of advice given to people looking to lose weight is to choose water over other drinks whenever possible. Water is said to be an effective component of any weight loss plan. Most people believe taking warm water yields better results. It is believed that one should drink warm water for flat tummy.
What Can Trigger A Gout Attack
Several things can cause the crystals to shake loose into your joint cavity, triggering an attack. These include:
- a knock or injury to the joint
- an illness that may make you feverish
- having an operation
- having an unusually large meal, especially a fatty meal
- drinking too much alcohol
- starting urate lowering therapy, especially at a high dose, or not taking your treatment regularly each day.
You May Like: Stomach Pains Pregnancy Sign
/6side Effects Of Standing And Drinking Water
Almost each one of us may have been told by our mothers to not drink water while standing up. Drinking water is essential to a lifestyle, but drinking water in correct way and posture is essential to a healthy lifestyle. According to health experts and Ayurveda, the idea of drinking water in standing position is directly related to the speed at which water goes into the body. The posture in which water is consumed can have a massive effect on the human body. Today, we are going to discuss why you should never drink water while standing up. Sandhya Gugnani, celebrity nutritionist says, Your posture plays an important role in water intake. The nerves are in state of tension when we drink water rapidly in standing position which disrupts the balance of fluids leading to increase in toxins and indigestion in the body. It also accumulates fluids in the joints triggering arthritis. It also affects the filtration process of water by the kidneys. Impurities in kidney and bladder leads to urinary tract infections. One should sit and drink water slowly to reduce acids levels in the body which is apparently high due to consumption of processed / chemicals /pesticides present in the foods.”
How Will Gout Affect Me
Attacks can vary from person to person. Some people only have an attack every few years, while others have attacks every few months.
Without medication attacks tend to happen more often and other joints can become affected.
Having high urate levels and gout for a long time can lead to other health problems, including:
- narrowing of the arteries – which can lead to an increased risk of stroke or heart attacks or other heart problems
- osteoarthritis, which occurs when the urate crystals and hard tophi cause joint damage.
- an increased risk of developing kidney disease or worsening of the condition if you already have it
- kidney stones
- an increased risk of some cancers, especially prostate cancer
- mental health problems, including depression
- underactive thyroid
- erectile dysfunction in men.
If you take medication to lower your urate levels, and have a healthy diet and lifestyle, most of the damage and complications caused by gout can be stopped.
Treatments for gout are incredibly successful. There are two main parts to treating gout, which are:
- treating the acute attack
- treatments to prevent future attacks.
Don’t Miss: Stomachache Definition
Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure
Usually, high blood pressure doesnt show obvious symptoms. That said, there are a few signs of high blood pressure that shouldnt be ignored:
- Severe headache including neck pain
- Blood in urine
Or no symptoms at all! You might live with high blood pressure for years, without knowing. Thats why its vital to go for routine checkups and examinations.
/9it Doesn’t Really Quench Your Thirst
And worst, drinking water this way doesnt actually quench your thirst. Since the water goes directly through, the requires nutrients and vitamins dont reach the liver and digestive tract. This is because when you stand and drink water, it travels through the system really fast and you risk your lungs and heart functions. The oxygen levels also get disturbed this way.
Don’t Miss: Stomach Hurts After Eating Pineapple
Take Apple Cider Vinegar With Honey
Drinking apple cider vinegar reduces soreness, redness, and inflammation on the effective areas caused by cramps as it is Anti- Inflammatory and Analgesic in nature. Apple cider vinegar for leg cramps always works great. Few benefits are-
- Apple cider vinegar contains minerals and calcium that are known to help prevent and relieve cramps.
- Apple cider vinegar is rich in vitamin A, B, and D, and potassium, which are crucial for the excellent functioning of the muscular system.
- For the people suffering from diabetes and blood sugar problems, ACV can create wonders.
How to use:
To make this remedy take two tablespoons of honey plus one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a hot cup of water. Mix it well.
How much to use:
Limit your intake it should not be more than two tablespoons.
Excessive use may erode your tooth enamel. After taking ACV, remember to rinse your mouth with water.
Recommended Reading: How Many Ounces In A Regular Bottle Of Wine
Knee Pain Can Be Caused By A Meniscal Tear
A meniscal tear describes a small tear or rip in the cartilage around the knee. When this happens, the torn cartilage can become abrasive and irritate the joint, causing it to swell and become painful. This type of tear in the cartilage can come from a sports injury, or simply from twisting your knee wrong when walking or bending. It can also come from years of wear and tear from squatting or lifting heavy weights. In some less common causes, obesity can lead to a tear in the meniscal tissue when bending or twisting around the knee area.
Recommended Reading: What Strength Does Lidocaine Patches Come In
What Are Stiff Joints
In most cases, stiff joints are a sign of rheumatoid arthritis. Although it initially affects tissue and joints, it can cause problems for the organs and other body parts. Stiff joints can occur with or without pain. It may become difficult to move a joint properly or the range of mobility may become limited.
In cases of rheumatoid arthritis, individuals may also experience fatigue. The symptoms are often worse in the morning and may take a few hours to improve. In serious cases, the stiffness may remain for the entire day.
How Can Dehydration Cause Foot Pain
A good example of foot pain caused by dehydration is gout. This is a form of arthritis that can cause extreme pain, redness, and tenderness in the joints of your foot, especially in your big toe.
Gout occurs when there is an excessive amount of uric acid in your body either because your body is overproducing it, or because your kidneys arent releasing enough through natural elimination. The acid then crystallizes, and its needle-like shards of crystals are deposited into your joints, causing inflammation and painful swelling that can linger for weeks at a time and return without warning.
The good news is that you can prevent or reduce the severity of gout flare-ups by drinking plenty of water. It dilutes the concentration of uric acid in your bloodstream, and it also helps your kidneys flush the acid from your body more efficiently.
Don’t Miss: Stomach Pain Pregnancy Sign
Could It Be Something Else
Water retention can also be caused other serious conditions:
Deep vein thrombosis: If you have swelling in just one foot or leg, itâs possible you have a blood clot. Other signs include pain, warmth, and redness. A clot can form while youâre healing from surgery or during a long flight. This can be very dangerous, and you need to see your doctor right away.
Preeclampsia: Itâs normal for women to have swelling in their feet and legs toward the end of a pregnancy. But swelling in the hands and face could be a sign of a dangerous blood pressure problem called preeclampsia. Call your doctor if you have swelling along with headaches, blurred vision, or abdominal pain.
Other possible causes include:
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Protein loss from severe malnutrition
- Lymphedema, a rare condition that can develop if lymph nodes are damaged or removed during cancer treatment
What If I Take Too Much
If you take an extra dose of:
- your 5mg daily or 35mg weekly tablet it’s unlikely to harm you. Drink a full glass of milk immediately and stay upright for at least 30 minutes
- your 30mg daily tablet drink a full glass of milk immediately and stay upright for at least 30 minutes
If your child takes an extra dose, get them to drink a full glass of milk immediately. Contact their doctor straight away. Keep your child sitting up or standing for at least 30 minutes.
Do not make yourself or your child sick , as this may irritate your, or your child’s, food pipe.
You May Like: Can Stiff Neck Cause Nausea